AWS Inspector is looking for a Front-end Engineer who takes pride in building innovative and immersive user experiences. We are located in Herndon, VA in the Washington D.C metro area, a strategic growth location for Amazon.
The AWS Security Services team builds technologies such as Inspector which help customers strengthen their security posture and better meet compliance requirements in the AWS cloud. The team interacts with AWS security researchers to codify security best practices and provide customers with detailed recommendations for remediating potential issues. We are innovating new ways of building massively scalable and globally distributed security systems for assisting our customers with security and compliance.
You will have the following traits:
· Is passionate about the potential of cloud computing as well as about building resilient, scalable and high-performance distributed services.
· Have a track record for delivering elegant front-end experiences that are enjoyable, stable, performant, and secure.
· Excited to collaborate with extremely intelligent, motivated, and high-performance engineers. They have an ability to prioritize well and communicate clearly.
· Obsesses over operational excellence and delighting customers.
· Not afraid of taking ownership and being accountable.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
· Working knowledge of distributed systems and a willingness to jump in and learn what is happening in the back-end code.
· Working knowledge of Node.js
· Can decompose a problem into clear system, API, and UX design actions.
· Broad range of software design approaches and common UX patterns. Knows when (and when not) to use front-end software design patterns (e.g., asynchronicity, data binding, modules, objects, promises).
· Able to dive into the source code of front end libraries to debug, patch, and extend them when necessary.
· Understands how to optimize the delivery of code and assets (e.g., images, fonts) to a browser or device (e.g., lazy loading assets, using CDNs, caching, compression, etc.)
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
· BS/MS in computer science or related field, or equivalent professional experience.
· 3+ years of professional experience in software development.
· 3+ years of experience experience with common front-end technologies, such as React, Angular, Webpack, Babel, and Grunt.
· 3+ years of experience of front-end test frameworks such as Jest with Enzyme, Mocha, Jasmine.