Amazon Legal Technologies is an innovative and high-energy team that supports Amazon’s legal operations worldwide. We focus on creating easy to use, highly secure, ingenious solutions that allow our business to efficiently scale for the future. We are looking for a results-oriented Software Front EndEngineer who is excited by unique challenges and is passionate about using the latest technologies to solve customers’ needs. This is an excellent opportunity for a developer who is looking for a growth position with a high level of ownership in a small, growing team.
Think big! Own, design and create innovative new solutions that allow the Legal department to scale and improve customer service. As a key member of our team, you will have the opportunity to work directly with your customers, owning major deliverables across all aspects of development: scoping, design, implementation, and testing. Successful candidates can multi-task, quickly adapt to new development environments, learn new systems, create reliable/maintainable code, and find creative and scalable solutions to difficult problems. Candidates applying to this position should be enthusiastic about sharing their previous experiences and lessons with our team to help us collectively succeed.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
· 4+ years of experience building scalable front-end infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services. Track record delivering front-end software that is correct, stable, high performance, secure, and accessibility compliant.
· Skilled with common front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, TypeScript, and Node.
· Experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks such as React, Angular, etc.
· Ability to rapidly prototype and adjust in response to customer feedback
· Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
· Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development.
· Understanding of software engineering practices, OOD, design patterns, data structures and algorithms.
· Strong architectural and system design skills with ability to do full stack development if required.
· Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases.
· Familiarity with AWS and have built apps leveraging its offerings.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations.
· Experience with object-oriented design