We are looking for a talented front-end developer to form the core of a newly expanding applications development team. This organization has the charter to build software that will revolutionize the support business by empowering the engineers and representatives who assist AWS' customers at all levels to provide unparalleled service and insight.
Historically these business units have crowd sourced the tools they need; this team will use that as a starting point to pick what works and completely re-imagine and rebuild what doesn’t. This is your chance to make the business value case for the best technology to build with before it becomes entrenched in “what we use” or “how we do things.”
As part of a newer team, you will have opportunities to mentor and coach other engineers. You will have access to Front-End Principals and Senior Engineers to help you on this new journey and grow your skills.
· 3+ years experience delivering front-end software that is correct, stable, secure, and accessibility compliant.
· 3+ years experience decomposing a problem into clear software and UX design actions.
· Ability to think big and help innovate in a fast-paced environment.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Proficient in view layout and rendering technologies (e.g., responsiveness, progressive enhancement, browser/device support). Know when it is appropriate to make graceful fallbacks.
· Understanding of how to optimize the delivery of code and assets (e.g., images, fonts) to a browser or device (e.g., lazy loading assets, using CDNs, caching, compression, etc.).
· Familiar with how to be efficient with resource usage (e.g., application impact on memory and CPU, caches appropriately, respectful of customer’s devices, etc.).
· Experience instrumenting software with real user metrics to reflect the customer experience.
· Experience developing applications in React.
· Ability to seek out information to avoid solving the wrong problem and mitigate UI risks early in the process to avoid feature delays.
· Proven experience in being innovative, flexible and self-directed.
· Able to articulate the risks and benefits of depending on front-end libraries, frameworks, and toolsets.
· Able to solve difficult software and UX problems with some ambiguity.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, or equivalent experience.