A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise as well as the ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment within a large global company to deliver solid code that has a broad business impact. Main focus will be on the development of web-based single page applications including testing, documentation, and deployment to worldwide Amazon locations. You’ll be interfacing with distributed microservices to optimize and automate internal processes across a worldwide network of Amazon locations. If you enjoy designing and building highly distributed systems that can scale as well as solving challenging problems, come join us!
· Design and development of user interfaces and components for single page applications
· Communication on multiple levels
· Project ownership
· Modular and scalable software development
· Tight communication and collaborative work with internal customers and partner teams
· A dynamic working environment with excellent development and career options
· Opportunities to cooperate and develop in a fast growing global organization
· Flat hierarchies
· Flexible work schedules
· 5+ years of professional front end development.
· Well-founded knowledge in another programming language (e.g., Python, Java, Ruby/Rails, Perl)
· Experience with CSS extensions (e.g., Sass, Less, Bootstrap)
· Experience with Static Type Checking tools / frameworks (e.g. TypeScript, Flow)
· Knowledge of Test-driven development: unit tests and integration tests
· Experience with libraries for graphical visualization of data (e.g., D3.js, React-Vis, ChartJs)
· Web API programming experience (e.g. REST, JSON, XML)
· Understanding of or experience with HATEOAS API architecture
· Basic networking knowledge and Linux console familiarity
· Experience with version management systems such as Git and documentation systems like JSDoc
· Experience building reusable UX components or libraries
· Understands how to optimize the delivery of code and assets to a browser or device
· Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment to drive operational excellence and best practices
· Proficient in a broad range of software design approaches and common UX patterns. Knows when (and when not) to use front-end software design patterns
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
· 2+ years of professional front-end development.
· Strong problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
· Skilled with common front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, TypeScript, and Node
· Deep experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks such as React, Vue.js, or Angular.
· Experience with responsive web design
· Familiarity with object-oriented programming
· Experience with modular and scalable software development
· Ability to rapidly prototype and adjust in response to customer feedback
· Flexibility and creativity when solving problems
· Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are required
· Ability to work to together with internal customers in international Amazon locations