Come change the way the world sees the cloud! Do you want to be in the center of the service that make it easier for thousands of developers and dev ops engineers all over the world to characterize the performance and behavior of their micro-service based systems when running within AWS?
AWS X-Ray enables AWS customers to instrument their services and trace requests through their code as well as the underlying AWS services on which they may run. It generates a service graph of all contributing service elements, and within the easy to use console experience allows the diagnosis of high API latencies and/or errors by descending into the details of any individual request. Our mission is to deliver and scale such a service to very large numbers of customers each of whom may be running at extremely large request rates, and perform sophisticated time-series analysis in near real-time.
The AWS X-Ray is looking to hire talented front-end engineers and thought leaders to join a team of engineers who are passionate about data visualization and analytics.
As part of the team, you will be responsible for:
· Building tools that make it easy to identify hard to find issues and bottlenecks, helping developers improve the customer experience of their applications.
· Partnering with multiple teams within AWS and Amazon to build solutions that add tremendous value to them and their customers.
· Provide long term technical vision with a continuous focus on engineering and operational excellence using modern tools like React, Redux, ES6.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don’t like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don’t get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· Master or PhD in Computer Science or a related discipline.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
· Track record delivering front-end software that is correct, stable, performant, secure, and accessibility compliant
· Obsessed with WPO (Web Performance Optimization) and web / mobile performance analysis
· Knowledge of engineering and operational excellence practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· 5+ years of non-internship professional front-end focused software development experience in a multi-tier architecture
· 3+ years of experience with cross browser compatibility, browser tuning and optimization techniques/tools
· 4+ years of experience in multi-tier web architecture