While our problems may be complex, our solutions should be simple. Are you a Software Development professional yearning to find a place to take your career to the next level? Is problem solving and troubleshooting to design and create unique software solutions part of your DNA? Then it’s time to take a look at the Partner Support and Seller Solutions team! Read on to learn more…
Our goal is simple – the Partner Support and Seller Solutions team seeks to make online selling more attractive to a broader demographic of potential retailers through superior scalable object-oriented code. Your work will directly impact cost, selection and the customer experience for both internal and external customers alike.
As an experienced Front-End Engineer, you will help drive the global expansion of our applications and services, with a significant opportunity to define a Seller and Buyer facing Amazon platform. You will develop a scalable framework for the improvement of the Seller Experience as you work collaboratively across Amazon development teams to integrate their services with our applications and platform. Because you take pride in setting the standard for engineering excellence, you are a hands-on, pragmatic problem solver that easily balances trade-offs between competing interests. You thrive in a fast-moving team environment where you are able to juggle complex dependencies and requirements while producing optimal solutions.
“Third-party sellers contribute just above 30% of unit sales, and are a very significant part of Amazon's business.” – Jeff Bezos
It’s all about the Seller.
· Developing code and systems that have direct impact on 2 million third-party Sellers worldwide and then seeing the results within seconds of deployment in “real time”
· Working with an empowered team of people in an environment that exudes customer obsession with every keystroke, every interaction
· Working closely with your clients to solve Seller issues and hear the cash register “ring” together
· Inventing new innovative approaches towards communicating and interacting with Sellers
· Building a global, enabling toolset that can allow us to deploy in a new country in a matter of days
· Networking with virtually every Tech team within Seller Services as well as many outside of the team to solve collaborative problems
· Experimenting with leading edge programming paradigms, languages and technologies
We are looking for dynamic and innovative Front-End Engineers to join our expanding team to help develop applications that will improve the Amazon Seller Experience and scale for the explosive growth of Sellers on Amazon. This unique opportunity puts you in the driver’s seat to create applications that will improve the efficiency of over 2 million third-party Sellers that help to directly impact the bottom line for both the Seller and Amazon.
A day in the life…
We are innovators. We embrace both functional and object oriented programming. We develop using best of breed technologies and the latest offerings from AWS. Come live on the leading edge with our team of intrepid engineers!. We are inventors. Because we have a wide open landscape to create, build, and develop each day is totally different. In a single day, it is considered the norm to collaborate with Retail, Customer Service, Amazon Web Services, Vendor Support, and Amazon’s Seller Performance Teams. We have the opportunity to obtain functional knowledge across multiple applications, platforms and businesses while interfacing with other technology and business groups.
We are developers. Development in Seller Experience is managed through the SCRUM methodology of Agile Project Management. Execution is critical in SCRUM. Seller Experience works quickly to deliver executable functions to our business partners in short 30-day iterations. Delivering a product that the business can utilize within a 30-day window develops a trust and opens doors to many future successes.
At the end of the day, our team is expected to take ownership and deliver results. We hire the brightest and most talented engineers and expect them to raise the bar and challenge their colleagues to do what is best for our Sellers. We are the future. With all of the creativity and opportunity within the Seller Experience Development Team, you will find a place where career longevity is possible. You have the ability to be creative while impacting millions of Sellers globally. Want to try a new feature? Do it. Think you have a better way to build a tool? Do it. The decision is up to you.
As a Front-End Engineer on the Seller Experience Team, you will build and design software which work with Amazon’s ecosystem of tens of thousands of services and proactively repair software systems before a single Amazon customer is impacted. You love fast-paced, startup-like environments focused on building systems from the ground up. You will be responsible for scoping and delivering projects end-to-end.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of designing and building highly interactive interfaces using modern frameworks in an agile environment. You will have the ability to dive deep into a wide variety of problems and technologies to guide the right technical decisions for the products and the businesses you will support. You can work well in a heterogeneous environment of different languages and technologies, and can bring flexibility, speed and quality to our team. You should be genuinely excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest technologies and building compelling web applications and UI.
· Masters degree in CS or an engineering discipline
· 5+ years of professional front end development.
· Experience building reusable UX components or libraries
· Strong UX design skills
· Experience building scalable, distributed, front-end experiences
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
· Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
· 2+ years of professional front-end development.
· Skilled with common front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, TypeScript, and Node
· Deep experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks such as React/Vue.
· Ability to rapidly prototype and adjust in response to customer feedback.
· Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
· Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development.