AWS Applications bring the power of AWS to intuitive applications that use technology like machine learning and robust analytics to help our customers stay ahead of their changing business needs. Our growing portfolio of business applications leverage the power and scale of AWS services to remove the undifferentiated heavy lifting that business users go through daily. As part of our team, you will play a key role in defining and developing the next generation of applications that will be used by millions of people every day.
We are building a new category of AWS Applications that will externalize customer-centric technology we developed to support Amazon.com. We will leverage the power of Artificial Intelligence and the large ecosystem of AWS services such as SageMaker, AWS Lambda, Amazon S3, and Amazon QuickSight to provide a truly frustration-free, easy-to-use, extensible, and natural customer experience. In our team you will have the unique opportunity to build an AWS service from the ground up. You will have the chance to influence technical design and product direction and work across the full stack from cloud-based services to web apps, collaborating with peer teams across Amazon.
We are looking for passionate and talented Front End Engineers to join us to innovate on behalf of customers. As a developer in our team you will be working on the design and development of services from the ground up. You’ll have a sound understanding of computer science fundamentals and practical industry experience, working across the stack with technology involving modern web, SOA, NoSQL databases, AI, ML, Big Data, and more.
· Track record delivering correct, stable, performant, and secure front-end software
· Strong knowledge of front-end frameworks like React, Angular, and Backbone.
· Familiarity with object-oriented design and RESTful web services.
· Experience instrumenting applications with real user metrics to reflect the customer experience
· Experience taking a role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
· Proficiency in at least one back-end programming language, e.g Java, Ruby, Python, PHP, C#, or Node.js.
· Sharp analytical abilities, proven design skills and a track record of delivery.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent professional experience.
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.