Do you want to work for a manager who cares about you as a person and who will provide both positive and candid feedback to help you develop career skills? Do you, in turn, want to help the team responsible for managing Amazon's global workforce data which impacts more than half a million workers and operational aspects of our business?
The Amazon People Engine team is building cutting edge solutions to enable employees and managers to self-serve changes across all human resource processes.
Join us in building an innovative technology using Amazon Web Services to meet the complex and unique demands of managing more than 2,000,000 employees globally; onboarding more than 100,000 employees in four weeks. We dive deep to insist on the highest standards in architecture, coding, testing, deploying and maintaining every aspect of our offerings.
If you’re thrilled by the idea of ownership, passionate about creating new platforms, features and services from scratch and comfortable with the pace of a company shipping software in cycles measured in weeks not years, we would love to connect with you.
We are looking for developers with strong computer science fundamentals, including UX design, data structures, object-oriented design, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis. If you have a track record of designing and building scalable, complex solutions across distributed systems in an agile environment, we want to talk to you.
You are as passionate about creating compelling experiences for customers as we are. You know about and continually want to learn more about modern web frameworks. You strive to build highly responsive, intuitive, and sleek experiences for customers. You know about the nuances, pitfalls, strengths, and associated best practices of the various web application paradigms (single-page apps, MVC apps, static site generators, etc.). You’re determined to find the right approach even if it’s not your own. You believe in agile development and quick prototypes, and you strive to see your work in action. You are committed to building scalable, maintainable architectures, and to writing clean, readable code.
· Strong knowledge of front-end frameworks like React, Angular, and Backbone
· Familiarity with object-oriented design and RESTful web services
· Proficiency in at least one back-end programming language, e.g. Java, Ruby, Python, PHP, C#, or Node.js.
· Experience instrumenting applications with real user metrics to reflect the customer experience
· Willingness to mentor junior engineers
· Experience architecting large-scale multi-tier web applications
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Experience with object-oriented design
· Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 5+ year relevant work experience
· Demonstrated strong coding and design proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C# or C++
· Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control, build and release processes, continuous deployment, and test suite development and maintenance
· Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
· Excellent written and spoken communication