Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers tens of thousands of businesses around the world! The orchestration team owns and operates AWS Step Functions, which provides AWS customers with the cloud infrastructure that makes it easy to coordinate the components of distributed applications and microservices using visual workflows. Building applications from individual components that each perform a discrete function lets you scale and change applications quickly. It’s a core architectural component of the critical systems for Amazon as well as many customers running on AWS.
The Step Functions service and the team is growing fast, and is innovating in big and brand new feature areas. We are looking for a Software Dev Engineer to design and build an amazing experience for customers who use the Step Functions service. How do you know if you are a good fit for us? You are fascinated by and want to innovate in complex systems that operate at scale. You love customers. When our customers ask for the next big feature, you know this means you’ll be able to truly dig into the solution and get it done right. You love owning the project from idea to production, delivering not only in the implementation but in all phases from the kernel of an idea to quickly getting that battle-tested code into production. You enjoy collaborating with your teammates. You love working in agile programming environments and running fast to deliver evolution for your AWS services.
· MS in Computer Science.
· 1+ years of experience in developing user experience centric applications,
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
· Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
· 1+ years professional experience in software development.
· Experience with atleast 1 modern programming languages (Java, C#, Python) and open-source technologies.
· Experience in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms, and problem solving
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, sense of ownership, urgency and drive