We spend 70 billion hours in cars each year. With autonomous vehicles we’ll have a lot more freedom to decide how we spend those hours. We all want personalized, frictionless, and always connected experiences which is changing cars as we know them. It’s driving automotive companies to use IoT, machine learning, personal assistants, and even augmented reality to innovate and create entirely new capabilities that blur the lines between vehicles and passengers. It is our mission to help turn this changing automotive and technology landscape into a new interactive and proactive experience for people.. If you are interested in the possibilities unlocked when vehicles move from simply reacting to actually anticipating and responding to our needs, we have the right job for you!
AWS is looking for an experienced Front End Engineer obsessed with customer success, passionate about simplification and design-thinking, and excited to dive deep into an opportunity to change the way the world moves with new products for automotive companies and riders. Our technical challenges involve low latency back-end software architecture, edge computing, applied science, and human factor engineering. We develop and apply quantitative algorithms (e.g. machine learning, computer vision, AR/VR) to make vehicle and passenger process analysis relevant and actionable for vehicle operations and applications. We build software and information systems to manage vehicle data, train models and apply them to broad automotive use cases at global scale.
Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. We cultivate a welcoming and inclusive culture, and recognize the importance of a good work/life balance, with flexible schedules and work-at-home options depending upon the role. The team members comprise a wide range of skill sets and experience levels, providing opportunities for new members both to be mentored and for mentorship.
If you are interested in being part of the future of in car experience and relate to Amazon's Leadership Principles (https://www.amazon.jobs/principles), please apply: we would love to explore opportunities for you on our team.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/ Age
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or Python
· Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
· Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and problem solving