The Amazon Macie team is looking for a strong software engineer to help build the future of the service. Amazon Macie is a security service that uses data loss prevention techniques and artificial intelligence to automatically discover, classify, and protect sensitive data in AWS. Amazon Macie recognizes sensitive data such as personally identifiable information (PII) or intellectual property, and provides you with dashboards and alerts that give visibility into how this data is being accessed or moved. The fully managed service continuously monitors data access activity for anomalies, and generates detailed alerts when it detects risk of unauthorized access or inadvertent data leaks. We are innovating new ways of building massively scalable and globally distributed security systems for assisting our customers with security and compliance.
We are seeking a strong Software Development Engineer who is passionate about working on highly scalable systems that processes billions of events everyday. The candidate will get opportunity to build upon technologies used to process Big Data like AWS EMR, Apache Spark etc. to lead the expansion of Macie's core analytics capabilities. The preferred candidate will enjoy working on complex software systems in a customer-centric environment, writing high performance code that is scalable and maintainable. They will also have the opportunity to shape the future direction of the product, working closely with product management to give technical direction to business problems.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
· 3+ years experience building flexible, scalable front-end infrastructure software or distributed systems
· 3+ years of experience with cross browser compatibility, browser tuning and optimization techniques/tools
· 3+ years of experience in a broad range of software design approaches and common UX patterns.
· 3+ years of experience in coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development.