Amazon Care is a passionate team working to build a best-in-class healthcare solution designed to make high-quality healthcare more accessible.
Amazon is looking for an experienced Front-End Engineer to join an exciting new project team working to build a completely new best in class consumer. We are an innovative, cross-platform, customer-obsessed team, working in an innovative environment. Our organization rewards intellectual curiosity.
In this position you will own the entire life-cycle of the products and features in your area of focus. This includes brainstorming and implementation, and making appropriate trade-offs when unexpected issues arise. You will dive deep to not only understand the products and technologies end-to-end, but also use this understanding to guide future efforts and improvements. You will work with senior engineers to plan, , build and execute new features on web platforms. You will have an eye towards quality, and insist on the highest standards.
We are looking for web engineers that are eager to use cutting edge web tools and techniques to deliver a best-in-class user experience. We need someone who is excited to partner with and to build experiences that will delight customers and set a high bar for all web applications. We need someone who is motivated to tackle ambiguous problems with technologies to rapidly produce prototypes.
· Be heavily involved with and teams to understand needs, propose features, create early prototypes and transform them into exciting experiences.
· new, secure, and reliable features that drive effective, intuitive and user-friendly customer solutions.
- Utilize modern web patterns.
- Code defensively against a large variety of browsers and screen sizes.
- Build pixel-perfect user experiences.
· Write clean, maintainable code and perform peer code-reviews.
· Deep-dive into related frameworks and systems to optimize for performance, maintainability, scalability, extensibility as needed.
· Propose innovative tools, frameworks, automations and processes that are used by the entire front-end team for .
· Mentor team members to promote engineering excellence
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
· A proven track record of working with business leaders and product managers to ship products
· Experience in leading customer facing services and products
· Experience architecting complex web applications utilizing modern frameworks and design patterns.
· Experience with "desktop-like" web applications utilizing Electron or similar.
· Development experience defining, developing and maintaining web service API's at scale.
· Experience developing IoT and mobility enabled services
· Previous experience with Core Competency in object-oriented programming
· Demonstrated testing experience including UI automation in a large, complex web application.
· Previous coding and problem solving skills in at least one modern programming language
· Passion for cutting edge technologies, drive, and ability to quickly learn new concepts
· Prior experience working for a consumer Internet company
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit. https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· 2+ years experience building web applications
· 2+ years as a web engineer
· 2+ yrs UX, pattern, and problem solving skills
· 2+ yrs of modern web frameworks like React and Vue JS.
· BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent