Do you have a passion for systems and application performances? We are a growing team of experienced Engineers who are passionate about making Amazon web and mobile experiences fast and delightful to our users. Site performance is among the most direct contributor to user engagement and business results, and we are seeking an experienced Engineer to join a new, high-impact team focused on performance and efficiency spanning all products across Amazon website. We search for any optimization opportunities without limits or borders and collaborate closely with Engineers and teams across the company to implement the best web performance solutions. We grow by doing so and you will, too!
As a Front-End Engineer on our team, you will own identifying client-side efficiency opportunities across the whole Amazon online store stack. From there, you will closely work with teams to drive or own the optimization end-to-end, from design to development and make sure it reaches our end-customers in a timely manner. Lastly, you will share learnings with other potential applicable use cases and with the rest of the community while providing tools and best practices for everyone to leverage (and our team to scale!).
What is in it for you?
· Low operational load: We do not directly own Tier-1 services or products which means no need to carry a pager other than when you launch your optimization.
· Work life balance: Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
· Impact: Work on an online experience that is being used, directly and indirectly, by millions of customers and has a meaningful impact to their functions and interactions.
· Team culture: You'll be joining a fun team that prides itself on a great work environment with an inclusive group of people that loves working together towards a common goal.
· Gratification: You will know you are directly responsible for solving real customer pain points.
· Learn & Grow: You will learn and grow with challenges across multiple applications and stacks.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, sense of ownership and drive
· Experience building scalable, highly available web services or applications
· Experience with performance and latency troubleshooting
· Passion for customer/user experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Experience with object-oriented design