Are you interested in building a new service for AWS customers? Want to make a multi-million-dollar impact to our customers’ bottom line and disrupt the status quo? We are a brand new team at AWS developing a new external facing service that will help customers track and analyze their data to solve some of their most critical business problems.
We are looking for a Front-End Engineer (FEE) with experience building secure, scalable solutions that delight customers. As a foundational member of the team, you will be responsible for driving the team’s long-term vision and architecture, drive/shape roadmaps, and provide technical leadership to the engineering team.
The ideal candidate will have extensive design and architecture experience, knowledge of AWS technologies and services, and a proven track record of building mission critical, highly scalable systems. In addition to strong technical knowledge, you will be someone who thrives in a fast paced start up-like environment, and passionate about solving ambiguous, challenging problems that have not been solved before.
Front End Engineers will be responsible for design, development, delivery and support of large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications.
In our team you will have the opportunity to:
· Review projects' ability to deliver robust and scalable solutions toward this vision, learning and incorporating new technologies as appropriate.
· Build relationships with Development Managers, Engineers and Technical Project Managers across various AWS service teams.
· Participate in the front-end architecture, development, testing, deployment, and delivery of large-scale global software applications, systems, platforms, services or technologies.
· Participate in Agile project management methodologies to provide technical leadership and project management for all aspects of the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
· Build, manage, and develop world-class engineers including hiring recommendations and guide and mentor engineers and project managers within and outside of the team.
· Ensure high quality design reviews which meet business and architectural goals and drive critical feedback on architecture and design issues.
· Participate in strategic planning to achieve technical and business goals with team, leadership chain, and with customers
· Build and help design the front-end experience of a new AWS service
· Work directly with your customers and shape the vision of the web stack
· Create and drive metrics to measure complexity
· Brainstorm, prototype, test, and iterate on new ideas
· Work with the latest technologies and tools.
· See the positive impact of your work on real customers
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.