We are a large engineering org. who build services and products for cross digital teams across Amazon. We specialize in building analytics and data engineering related products specifically around metadata management (Bumblebee), customer cohorts (Odyssey), and advanced self-serve analytics. We serve more than 2000 internal customers across 120 teams in Amazon. We are seeking a senior front-end engineer with a strong knowledge of distributed systems to build enterprise-scale, mission-critical, multi-tiered web applications using tools that are well out in front on the technology wave. You must enjoy working on complex software systems in a customer-centric environment and be passionate not only about building good software but also ensuring that the same software achieves its goals in operational reality.
• Understand view layout and rendering technologies (e.g., responsiveness, progressive enhancement, browser/device support). Know when it is appropriate to make graceful fallbacks.
• Understand the importance of testing front-end components and has experience with creating unit and integration tests related to the front-end components they develop.
• Willingness to mentor junior engineers
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
· Experience with object-oriented design
• Proficiency in at least one back-end programming language, e.g. Java, Ruby, Python, PHP, C#, or Node.js.
• Experience architecting large-scale multi-tier web applications
• Strong written and verbal English communication skills.