Amazon Advertising operates at the intersection of e-Commerce and Advertising, offering a range of digital advertising solutions with the goal of helping our customers discover and shop for anything they want to buy. Advertising is an extension of the shopping experience and as consumers watch more video than ever, a viewing revolution is underway in how people consume video and connect with brands.
The Amazon Advertising business is growing at a fast pace and this team’s mission is to apply technology to accelerate that growth through best-in-class software engineering, data engineering, and business intelligence. We are part of the Sales Technology team within Global Sales Operations team is to deliver best-in-class products and data solutions to improve Amazon Advertising Sales team effectiveness worldwide. We are building sales enablement products for Amazon Advertising front line sales team. We want to ensure that the sales team has all the information about the customer and their potential to up-sell at their fingertips and they are not wasting time in inefficiencies. The team is looking for motivated, thoughtful self-starters who can contribute right away to the design and development of these new products and who can partner closely with Sales teams to deliver products that truly move the needle for innovation.
A qualified candidate for this role enjoys working with end users, developing customer-focused UX, workflows and web services, and solving business problems with extensible software solutions.Engineers on this team can turn large data sets and disparate systems into actionable, insight-driven products that can help Sales teams serve some of the world’s best known brands as well as small businesses selling products on Amazon. If you are interested in being part of Amazon Advertising and building services that allow Advertising to reach its innovative and aggressive goals, then we look forward to connecting with you.
You'll be part of a world-class team in a fast-paced environment that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up. This is an opportunity to operate and engineer systems on a massive scale, and to gain top-notch experience in cloud computing.
In this role, you will…
· Be heavily involved with design and product teams to understand needs, propose features, create early prototypes and transform them into exciting experiences.
· Propose innovative tools, frameworks, automations and processes that are used by the entire services team for development.
· Write clean, maintainable code and perform peer code-reviews.
· Deep-dive into client or server systems to optimize for performance, maintainability, scalability, extensibility as needed.
· Mentor your team members to promote engineering excellence
· Familiarity with object-oriented design and RESTful web services
· Proficiency in at least one back-end programming language, e.g. Java, Ruby, Python, PHP, C#, or Node.js.
· Experience with AWS · Proficient in a broad range of software design approaches and common UX patterns.
· Can articulate the risks and benefits of depending on front-end libraries, frameworks, and tool-sets.
· Willingness to mentor junior engineers
· Experience architecting large-scale multi-tier web applications
· Experience with object-oriented design
· 3+ years of experience designing and developing complex modern web applications
· 2+ years of experience with front-end frameworks like React, Angular, and Backbone
· Track record of delivering correct, stable, performant, and secure front-end software
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent professional experience