Are you interested in building high-performance, globally scalable Financial systems that support Amazon's current and future growth? Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Do you have a passion for ensuring a positive customer experience? This is the job for you.
Finance Automation(FinAuto) needs a leader to design and develop services that facilitate trillions of global financial transactions worth billions (USD) annually. Our software empowers and connects customers, vendors and financial operations teams in ensuring accurate and timely cash flows. We are looking for a results-oriented, driven software development engineer who can help us create the next generation of distributed, scalable financial systems that support Amazon's current and future business needs. Our mission is to provide technology solutions that optimize the scale, speed, accuracy and productivity of Amazon’s order to cash process, while ensuring a positive customer experience.
As a member of the team, you can have a huge impact on everything from the functionality we deliver for our customers, to the architecture of our systems, to the algorithms we employ, to the culture we build.
If you are interested and relate to Amazon's Leadership Principles (https://www.amazon.jobs/principles), please apply: we would love to explore opportunities for you on our team.
In this role you will design and build the user experiences on the technologies our customers interact with (e.g., web, mobile, etc.). You will work with Product and UX design to understand and create solutions for diverse user requirements (e.g., workflow, internationalization), user hardware constraints, and front-end security risks. You instrument software with real user metrics (e.g., taps/clicks, feature interaction, performance, fatal's) to provide data and protect the customer experience. You use your knowledge of the UX space to improve design and engineering processes and to build, create, and deliver the right experience for customers.
· Experience building scalable front-end software.
· Demonstrated leadership in an engineering environment in driving best practices
· Able to deal with ambiguity. Strive for clarity in requirements and problem space to mitigate UI risks upfront .
· Make the appropriate trade-offs to balance innovative UX with implementation complexity.
· Evaluate the risks and benefits of using front-end libraries, frameworks, and tool-sets for a given problem space.
· Experience with object-oriented design
· 5+ years of overall software development experience, with an emphasis on front end engineering
· Experience with modern web technologies and techniques such as HTML5, CSS3, CSS frameworks and CSS pre-processors.
· Experience with responsive and mobile design, as well as cross-browser development and testing
· Experience building rich data-driven web applications by consuming RESTful services and APIs.
· Track record delivering large customer features and front-end solutions in complex or ambiguous problem areas.
· Understands at a high level how front-end code and experiences are delivered to users (e.g., HTTPS, DNS, CDNs, app stores).
· Knowledge of tracking and analytics pixel implementation (Criteo, Rakuten, Adobe, GoogleAnalytics)
· Understands front-end software best practices including client side performance optimization and how to mitigate information security risks.
· Thinks in terms of architecture as well as code. Able to evaluate end-to-end designs for strengths and weaknesses (e.g., complexity, quality, scalability, latency, security, performance, data integrity, etc.)
· Understands software engineering best practices (e.g. automated pipelines, Operational Excellence, Information Security) and sets front-end software and UX implementation standards