Come Shape the Future of Transportation!
We are a team of engineers, living and breathing at the intersection of technology and transportation. In the future, transportation of both goods and people will be centered around technology, with consistent innovation around better safety, reliability, and efficiency. AWS aims to power the future of transportation through rapid innovation and scale only possible through cloud infrastructure. Come join us in building the future of transportation!
As a front-end Engineer, you obsess over the customer experience and interfaces they use. You develop dashboards and reporting interfaces using modern UI frameworks such us React/Reat-JS/Angular and reporting services such as QuickSight and Grafana. You contribute to the internal and customer facing technical specification of our products and work closely with UX researchers and designers to create simple, easy to use interfaces for otherwise complex configurations and tasks.
Our team is global, based in the US (west coast) and Germany. Our US teams typically start earlier in the day to have a couple of hours of overlap with our Germany teams (who typically work later in the afternoon).
We are intentional in attracting, developing and retaining team members from diverse backgrounds. Our diversity of thought coupled with the endless curiosity within our team is our greatest asset for innovation. We are looking for people to help us build an inclusive and supportive growth environment for team members to work hard, make history, and have fun.
Mentorship and Career Growth
Our engineers and leaders come from diverse perspectives and backgrounds across technology and beyond, and are excited to share their experiences and mentor more junior engineers. Team members are encouraged to set up mentorship relationships with senior engineers on our team, but also across the broader AWS and Amazon population.
· Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
· Experienced in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
· Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
· Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
· Experience with open source tools and resource
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.
· BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or similar
· Strong customer focus and obsession with User Experience and User Interface Design
· Familiar with at least one full stack environment such as LAMP, RoR or similar
· Knowledge of at least one scripting programming language such as Python or Ruby.
· Experience with Dash-boarding and Charting Frameworks and services such us Grafana and QuickSight