Amazon is seeking a Business Intelligence Engineer (BIE) to support the Vendor Investigations & Transaction Accuracy (VITA) in Accounts Payable at Amazon. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, relishes working with large transactional volumes and big data, and is passionate about data and analytics. As a BIE, the candidate must be eager to dive deep into invoice, vendor, and payment data to develop fraud, risk, and erroneous payment analytics. The BIE will develop visualization dashboards and a robust metric reporting infrastructure to be used by VITA investigators and senior leadership. The ideal candidate will thrive on using statistical analysis to address VITA’s biggest problems in identifying defects.
This individual must take ownership over the analytics, reporting and data pipelines, have excellent problem-solving abilities, and have deep knowledge of business intelligence solutions. The individual must have the ability to work with technology, product development, finance, and business teams. The ideal candidate must have excellent communication, organizational, and prioritization skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Translate business risks and needs into the development of analytics for fraud and risk detection
· Coordinate with technical teams as appropriate to develop and implement analytics and reporting needs
· Partner with stakeholders to gather requirements and integrate necessary data sources to support business analysis and reporting
· Create and maintain reporting visualizations for the team’s metrics
· Continually improve recurring reporting and analysis processes via re-architecture or automated solutions
· Recognize and adopt best practices for building a scalable business intelligence platform
· Apply analytics and data mining techniques to solve complex problems, drive business decisions and identify major gaps and opportunities
· Assess trends, analyzes data and proposes hypotheses to identify potential fraud patterns and financial abuse
· Collaborates with the business to research, develop and test new fraud detection and prevention rules
· Coordinate with global team members to conduct deep dives walkthroughs and quality reviews of evidence to resolve complex problems
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation