Are you passionate about driving strategic business & statistical modelling decisions by solving complex problems utilizing data? Join Amazon's Employee Resource Center (ERC) and help make a difference for all Amazonians worldwide! The ERC primarily exists to help Amazon employees find answers to their questions and solve their complex HR problems through various contact channels – phone, web case and chat. In our quest to be the most scientifically run HR organization in the world, we are currently looking for an Analytics Professional to drive actionable insights through sustainable analytical solutions and develop as an expert on problems related to ERC’s volume and demand forecasting.
Amazon is known to be a metrics driven culture. We need an analyst who is passionate about Customer Experience, who thinks and acts globally, and who has the ability to contribute major new innovations to our Demand Forecasting & Analytics team at the ERC.
As a Forecasting Analyst at the ERC, you will be responsible for modeling forecasting problems, discovering insights and identifying opportunities through the use of statistical, machine learning, algorithmic, data mining and visualization techniques. You will need to collaborate effectively with internal stakeholders and cross-functional teams to analyze forecast variances, identify opportunities to improve operational efficiencies, and deliver successfully against high organizational standards. The candidate should be able to apply a breadth of tools, data sources and analytical techniques to answer a wide range of high-impact business questions and present the insights in concise and effective manner. Examples of such business-critical insights include providing estimates of new program/product and market launches and diving deep on recent events to understand impact on contact volume.
Additionally, the candidate should be an effective communicator capable of independently driving issues to resolution and communicating insights to non-technical audiences. This is a high impact role with goals that directly impacts the bottom line of the business.
Successful candidates demonstrate an ability to:
o Be creative in building, maintaining, and improving forecasting models for the ERC. And, strong mathematical & business intuition to tie large scale initiatives to volume impact
o Apply analytics and data mining techniques to solve complex problems, drive business decisions and identify major gaps and opportunities
o Stand before stakeholders, including senior leaders to clearly communicate strategic findings and recommendations
o Partner with key members from technical and non-technical teams to build and deliver requirements
o Prioritize and manage multiple priorities simultaneously
· Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Statistics or related field
· Experience working in/building very large data warehouse environments using AWS Data & Analytics solutions
· Experience conducting large scale data analysis, regression, predictive analysis to support business decision making
· Experience in building customer-facing ML products
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Math/Statistics/Engineering or other equivalent quantitative discipline
· At least 3+ years of experience in Forecasting/data science/advanced business analytics
· Advanced knowledge of SQL, MS Excel, and Visualization tools
· Strong Forecasting & Statistical know how with Experience in R/Python building basic statistical models to address business problems
· Experience developing experimental and analytic plans for forecasting modelling, use of strong baselines, and the ability to accurately determine cause and effect relationships using A/B testing
· Proven ability to work cross-functionally and delivering automated solutions for customer-facing data science problems