The Amazon Global Workforce Staffing (WFS) Organization is a critical element in bringing on talent to deliver our customer experience around the globe. With 700k hourly associates hired annually and growing to more than 1M in the next 24 months, WFS is performing an historic and unprecedented task to bring new people to work for Amazon Operations.
The Workforce Staffing Candidate Services (WFS CS) team is one branch of WFS. WFS CS provides email, SMS, chat and phone support to candidates applying for jobs with Amazon. This customer service for candidates removes technical barriers in the hiring process, relieving local HR and Staffing teams from providing Tier 1 candidate support.
As a Forecast Analyst, you will be responsible for modeling forecasting problems, discovering insights and identifying opportunities through the use of statistical, algorithmic, data mining and visualization techniques. You will need to collaborate effectively with internal stakeholders and cross-functional teams to analyze forecast variances, understand and mitigate variance drivers, identify opportunities to improve operational efficiencies, and deliver successfully against high organizational standards. You should be able to apply a breadth of tools, data sources and analytical techniques to answer a wide range of high-impact business questions and present the insights in concise and effective manner. Additionally, you should be an effective communicator capable of independently driving issues to resolution and communicating insights to non-technical audiences. This is a high impact role with goals that directly impacts the bottom line of the business. Accurate forecasts drive improvements in cost and quality of our customer service on a global scale.
This role requires a delicate balance in delivering models that are statistically grounded but also explainable operationally - business leaders must be able to understand what variables impact forecast variance and how they should respond tactically. This is a high visibility role with heavy interaction with senior leadership. Analytical ingenuity and leadership, coupled with demonstrated cross-functional partnership, are critical skills for this role.
Successful candidates will be natural self-starters who are comfortable leading large, ambiguous projects. They are comfortable creating strategic recommendations in a thoughtful yet concise manner, and obtaining organizational "buy-in" at senior levels. They are well-organized, can manage multiple analyses/projects simultaneously, and are intellectually curious.
· Forecast contacts and plan capacity for global operations
· Manage long-term and short-term staffing and scheduling
· Build short/long term operational plans
· Improve performance on identified KPIs
· Influence peers and stakeholders to drive success
· Coordinate with internal and outsourced network to meet business service levels.
· Promote process improvement and standardization of processes across all network sites
· Master's degree in Operations, Business Analytics or related field
· Experience with R, SAS, SPSS, or Python
· Excellent communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
· 3+ years experience in contact center capacity planning or WFM
· Experience in building and analyzing models for forecasting and headcount optimization. ·
· Proficient in advanced usage of Microsoft Excel
· Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field (engineering, economics, math, statistics or equivalent)