We’re working on the future. Are you someone who innovates and loves solving hard problems? Are you an expert at helping move ideas forward from ambiguous to crystal clear? Do you thrive on driving programs and projects that deliver value to a global organization?
Come work on the Amazon Prime Air Team!
Prime Air is seeking an experienced Flight Test Engineer with broad flight test engineering experience and a commitment to continuous improvement. Success will require the ability to learn how complex systems operate and become an expert of our flight operations processes in order to generate executable test plans and test cards based on program requirements.
This role requires technical experience in professional aviation test environments as a member of a test team. The ideal candidate is someone who is comfortable dealing with ambiguity, can earn trust and isn’t afraid to dive deep, draw important insights from data and align subject matter experts.
Key Job Responsibilities:
· Become an expert of PrimeAir's Systems, CONOPs and Flight Test Operations
· Gather Test Requirements and critically assess for testability
· Design meaningful and achievable Flight Test Plans
· Drive the correct definition of the system under test, and test environment
· Develop mission profiles
· Contribute to the definition of operational manuals / procedures / checklists
· Drive the data analysis mechanism: engage with community of developers.
· Be proactive to identify all dependencies required to make a test successful and work with stakeholders to identify ownership of pre-requisites
· Brief test cards to flight ops crew and safety
· Be part of the team developing and maintaining the flight test schedule
· Plan, prepare and execute Flight Readiness Reviews
· Track execution of test plans and report on progress
The ideal candidate is highly organized, works effectively with internal and external customers, has the ability to shift gears quickly and enjoys the challenges of developing and improving processes in a dynamic organization. The successful candidate will also have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, superior attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment. Operational knowledge of a wide variety of regulatory concepts, particularly within aviation, is important to perform the role successfully. Additionally, experience developing autonomous vehicles and robotics is strongly preferred. The candidate must also possess strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
Potential travel up to 25% after initial training.
This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Amazon’s ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
· Master’s Degree in Aerospace, or related field
· 14 CFR Part 61 current Private Pilot license or equivalent
· Knowledge of test processes and procedures related to risk identification, mitigation, and developmental and experimental tests
· Experience in system engineering on Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) or similar robotics systems
· Experience developing complex, flight-critical systems that have been successfully delivered
· Experience interfacing/partnering with a multidisciplinary engineering team
· Experience communicating with end users, management, technical and business teams to collect requirements, describe product features and refine technical designs
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
· Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Aerospace Engineering or a related field
· Five plus years of relevant work experience
· Strong technical skills in one or more of the following engineering disciplines: flight dynamics, control systems, robotics, software, avionics, electrical systems
· Two plus years experience in civil aircraft certification programs and processes
· Three plus years experience as a flight test engineer on an aerospace or related project
· Three plus years of experience with engineering change management and problem reporting.
· Three plus years of experience integrating complex systems, hardware/software integration, autonomous systems
· Experience with FMEA/FMECA, FMET, FTA and reliability analyses
· Excellent written and verbal communication; ability to explain complex concepts and designs to colleagues across disciplines