Fixed Term 6-month Part-Time Customer Service Associate (CSA) role based in London, UK. (25 hours per week required).
Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our Leadership Principles, which encourage colleagues to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn the trust of your co-workers. We believe that building a culture that is welcoming and inclusive is integral to people doing your best work and is essential to what we can achieve as a company. We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds to build a supportive and inclusive workplace. We take steps to ensure our colleagues have a sense of belonging, value, and opportunity.
You must have a passion for going above and beyond for customers and should act on behalf of the entire company, beyond just your own team. You never say “that’s not my job”. You possess strong attention to detail, the ability to quickly prioritize tasks, willingness to learn new things on a daily basis and have demonstrated previous leadership experience to bring to the team. You know how important it is to deliver through the team. You have a curious mind and are open to learning and using technology in your daily duties. You are enthusiastic about contributing to a strong and diverse team.
You should be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity that’s higher than most roles, be highly process driven and have excellent ownership and follow-through skills. You will have leader responsibilities in absence of a manager on duty.
Key job elements:
· Answer customer queries and any wider Amazon questions customers may have (e.g. website returns, lost orders, faulty products, complaints etc). Where unable to answer customer queries on the spot, the Part-Time CSA will direct customers to the correct channel for issue resolution.
· Report to management on customer satisfaction, providing accurate data and customer insights.
· Identify gaps in processes or situations where customers’ expectations are not being met. Provide suggestions to management on how to improve processes and customer experience. Implement changes where approved.
· Collaborate with other stakeholders to meet customers’ expectations, including daily contact with third party service providers (non-Amazon employees).
· Flexibility to take on other ad hoc tasks outside of the traditional CSA remit as required to ensure customer needs and business targets are met.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
· Excellent communication and comprehension skills (written and verbal)
· Ability to build fast and effective working relationships with stakeholders of varying seniority, backgrounds and experience
· Excellent documentation skills
· Demonstrates ownership and problem solving to resolve challenging customer issues, escalating when necessary
· Ability to successfully manage ambiguity and new situations where standard operating procedures may not exist.
· Effective identification and classification of risks, with good judgement as to when risks are serious and to escalate immediately
· Ability to create proposals for process improvement, communicate proposals to management/ stakeholders and implement where approved.
· Comfortable in a multi-tasking, high-energy environment.
· Work flexible hours including weekends (5hrs Saturdays and 5hrs Sundays) and holidays. You may be required to work additional shifts including holidays and events. Additional shifts would be discussed with you in advance to ensure availability.
· Train and job-shadow other associates
· In the absence of the manager be self-directed
· Contribute to continuous improvement by participating in the development of best practices
· Perform additional duties as assigned
· Ability to extend beyond six months
· Strong verbal communication and customer service skills
· Demonstrated positive work attitude and leadership skills
· Previous experience in providing on-the-spot feedback to peers
· Experience in a customer-facing environment
· Experience in conflict resolution
· Experience in a leadership capacity
· Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
· Comfortable using technology devices such as laptops and tablets
· Comfortable working in a diverse group and contributing to an inclusive culture