Ring is seeking a Firmware Engineer that will focus on firmware platforms and assisting with initiatives for various Ring products. As part of our global firmware engineering team, you will play a critical role in ensuring high quality standards and driving continuous improvement for products.
You will contribute to various embedded platforms and work closely with the firmware application teams, factory management teams, and vendors to facilitate the execution of complex business needs. You must be responsive and able to succeed within a fast-paced environment.
· Maintain underlying embedded platform firmware.
· Develop firmware for automation tests and manufacturing tests.
· Manage board bring-up and validate performance.
· Handle device driver implementation, porting, and performance tweaking.
· Firmware engineering experience.
· Experience working at or with factory manufacturing engineering teams.
· Experience developing IP cameras or products that use video streaming.
· Familiarity with wifi, BT, and BLE protocol stacks.
· BSD socket programming skills.
· Knowledge of C++.
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors App, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
· Experience in C programming.
· Embedded Linux or Free RTOS platform development experience.
· Experience with board bring-up or device driver porting ability.
· English listening and speaking skills.
· Able to travel up to 20% of the time both domestically and internationally, as appropriate.