Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics.
We are seeking an exceptional software professional to work as a member of our firmware team. If you’re passionate about safety and performance and have an interest in robotics systems, then we’d like to talk to you about becoming part of an organization with global impact on millions of customers. At Amazon Robotics, we invent things that have never been done before. The firmware team is a comprised of super-smart doers who work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and to solve real-world challenges. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to help to deliver and maintain the most successful robotic fleet in the world. If you love to delight customers and want to make a difference every day, then join us in making history!
We develop safety critical, real time systems and hold ourselves to a high standard to ensure that everyone that interacts with our systems have the safest and most efficient experience as possible while simultaneously ensuring that devices have the reliability to run 24x7 without missing a beat.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
· Design and develop embedded C applications for our robotic systems
· Own one or more embedded software components / applications
· Work with members of the larger firmware team and engineering teams to develop our next generation of products, while working on tight schedules
· Debug field issues, as reported by our customers at Amazon’s facilities around the world
· Develop applications that meet industrial safety standards
· Hands-on experience developing a product that meets safety standards such as IEC-61508 or ISO-26262.
· Experience with the use of static analysis tools and unit testing frameworks
· Familiar with electronic schematics and test equipment (such as signal analyzers, oscilloscopes etc.)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· BA/BS/MS/PhD in computer science or computer engineering or related discipline
· High level of proficiency with C and Python programming languages
· 3+ years of software development engineering experience developing embedded applications which must include direct, hands-in experience designing, developing and production-grade embedded electronic systems.
· 1+ year of experience working with embedded Real-Time Operating Systems (such as uC-OS, FreeRTOS, or Zephyr) on tightly resource constrained environments
· Working knowledge of Linux-based developer tools and debugging environments
· Demonstrable skills in developing deterministic, testable code and supporting a test-driven architecture.
· Must be comfortable working with and debugging existing codebases, and creating well tested surgical fixes
· Proficient oral and written communications skills and collaborates well with others in a team environment.