We are looking for an accomplished Financial Systems Application Analyst to join our team! Within Amazon’s Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis team (FP&A), we enjoy a unique vantage point into everything happening within Amazon. As part of that, this role would be part of a team that is responsible for operations and support of the Company’s enterprise-wide financial planning & analytics environment.
- Feel energized by innovation and finding better ways of accomplishing tasks?
- Are you excited about working directly to empower users?
- Love to get your hands dirty and solve challenging business and technical issues?
As an IT Application Analyst you will be supporting the IBM Cognos TM1 (Planning Analytics) application and have expertise in Planning systems to play a key role designing, implementing, supporting, and extending the use of this application at Amazon. You will become an expert in the functional design of multiple TM1 instances, guiding end users to maximize adoption while having the opportunity to shape future development activities. Ideal candidates will have experience supporting end users through financial close and planning cycles, validating allocation and currency translation calculations, and having the desire to learn new technical skills.
The data flowing through our platform directly contributes to decision-making by our CFO and all levels of finance leadership. If you’re passionate about building and supporting tools that enhance productivity, improve financial accuracy, reduce waste, and improve work-life harmony for a large and rapidly growing finance user base, come join us!
· Perform a range of system activities that support mission-critical forecast/plan cycle delivery and monthly Accounting close support. This includes various aspects of financial statement modeling (profit & loss, balance sheet, cash flow), currency foreign exchange model validation, opex and advertising allocation model validation and scenario/version retention & analysis
· Work with business customers, developers and TM1 Support to research, document and resolve TM1 system issues
· Work with cross-functional teams to develop, and continuously improve, solutions that accelerate cycle times, alleviate cumbersome manual processes, and ensure financial results are accurate
· Interact with business customers to understand and document their business processes and requirements
· Manage ongoing user & system support activity according to priority (including rotational on-call availability for critical systems support), and coordinate large-scale change requests with development teams
· Experience with dimension management software processes and MDM tools
· Project management & reporting experience, and familiarity with software development methodologies
· Proficiency with Microsoft Project, Visio, and SharePoint.
· Experience with web-based reporting and analysis software (Cognos BI, Microstrategy, Tableau)
· Familiarity with AWS solutions such as S3 and Redshift
· Knowledge of SQL authoring, RDBMS database interaction, data warehousing concepts, or third-party ETL tools
· Successful experience working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
· Experience working in financial planning/budgeting, business analysis, or a related analytics field that includes financial modeling, problem solving, and gathering/translating business requirements
· Experience working with IBM Cognos TM1 (Planning Analytics) solutions or related Performance Management technologies (Hyperion, SAP, Anaplan)
· Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Finance/Accounting, or a related discipline
· Demonstrated experience working with users in a support capacity
· Quick learner with a positive attitude, professional demeanor, and strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
· Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams