Amazon is seeking a Financial Planning Analyst to join an exciting, high growth area of Amazon within our UK Operations Finance team in London.
The role will be based at your nearest Fulfilment Centre with an element of travel.
We are looking for a smart and creative candidate to deliver robust and structured reporting, improve the planning modelling and implement processes that are well understood and communicated throughout the organisation. The growth of the business and the increasing complexity motivated by new launches and services make this role an exciting, interesting and challenging proposition. Expect to get involved in supporting new projects and initiatives, improving performance, building plans for the future, as well as coordinating regular reporting and forecasting. You will provide leadership on the right financial controllership to ensure the results of the business are properly recorded and the assets of the business protected.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a ever-growing, dynamic environment and will be a creative and analytical problem solver.
· Building and handling reporting to support the business
· Owning business planning and forecasting processes
· Conducting business case analysis of new programs and services
· Working in conjunction with EU Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) teams to define best practice and consistent processes.
· Supporting internal customer groups in all finance matters including budgeting, forecasting and control.
· Provide and communicate reporting and analysis to senior stakeholders.
· Demonstrable relevant finance/accounting experience.
· Professional written communication skills as demonstrated by writing project documentation and weekly/monthly/quarterly reviews.
· Experience in Operations/Logistics would be helpful. Experience in working in a growing environment is essential.
· Demonstrated ability to build and handle financial models for business forecasting, variance analysis and problem solving.
· Advanced Excel user.
· Advanced problem solving and root cause analysis ability, combined with confident communication skills for conveying your conclusions.
· You’re highly pragmatical, detail-oriented and bring a solid sense of business understanding: you have a proven history of handling new ideas and creative solutions.
· You can coordinate and prioritize your workload in a ever-growing, high-growth, occasionally ambiguous environment.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process. If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.
· Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Finance, Business, Engineering or a related discipline.
· Previous experience in positions requiring analysis and reporting financial results.
· Proven expertise in finance management, evaluation, and swift analysis: you always deliver meaningful business reporting.
· You can employ root cause analysis to identify issues quickly, while uncovering their causes.
· Demonstrated pragmatical, financial understanding in delivering forecasting, budgeting and variance analysis, as well as data interpretation of business impact and results.
· Advanced proficiency in MS Excel (including VBA)
· You have experience of working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (e.g. SQL, MS Access, Essbase or Cognos), alongside other financial systems (e.g. Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards).