For our Customer Service (CS) Organization we are seeking a:
Financial Analyst FP&A to join the team at our CS Center in Edinburgh on a Fixed Term Contract until March 2022.
At Amazon we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. The successful candidate will be a key member of European (EU) Customer Service team, supporting the team as Financial Planning & Analytics subject matter expert. The pace and growth of the business along with its increasing complexity makes this role an exciting, interesting, and very challenging proposition. As such it requires an individual who is motivated to make a big impact. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and will be a creative and analytical problem solver.
· Financial Planning and Reporting, Consolidation of EU CS Financial data to various EU and world-wide stakeholders
· Collecting, analyzing and managing quantitative data and creating meaningful reports to drive business improvement and cost reduction
· Co-ordinate with EU wide CS Finance Team the financial planning and forecasting process of CS Variable Cost, Fixed Cost, CAPEX, and Headcount
· Recommend, develop, and implement policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and profitability
· MBA preferred
· Measured experience demonstrating problem solving and root cause analysis
· Highly analytical, detail oriented and strong business sense; proven ability to develop new ideas, creative solutions and demonstrated experience implementing such mechanisms
· Experience providing recommendations based on results of ad-hoc analyses to management for strategic decision-making
· Knowledge of large-scale data mining and reporting tools / data bases (i.e. SQL, Essbase and/or Cognos) and other financial systems (i.e. Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
· Career progression and willingness to relocate for advancement opportunities
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
· Bachelor in a Business/Finance/Engineering or similar analytical discipline
· Demonstrated financial acumen and analytical experience including familiarity with concepts of forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, and/or data interpretation and analysis
· Ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing and often ambiguous international environment; effective multi-tasking skills are vital
· Demonstrated effective communication and presentation skills working with multiple peer groups and levels of management
- Result-oriented, dynamic individual with hands-on mentality · Advanced proficiency in Excel (macros, pivots, lookups)
· Good verbal and written skills in English