At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. Operations is at the heart of what we do, delivering millions of packages each day and fulfilling customer orders from all over the world. Amazon is seeking a Financial Analyst to support critical functions for Amazon Logistics – our rapidly expanding internal delivery operation, purpose-built to achieve and exceed the delivery quality and speed demands of Amazon customers.
This Financial Analyst will be primarily responsible for business partnering, decision support, controllership and operations cost reduction. This role requires extensive cross-functional partnership with various retail, transportation, and finance teams to identify best practices across the network and lead cost improvement efforts for operations.
Identifies basic control risks, evaluates impact, proposes changes, and implements improvements to remediate gaps.
Delivers weekly/monthly financial close. Uses financial systems and advanced MSExcel functions to work with large data sets. Outputs plans, forecasts, budgets, and consolidations.
Uses active listening skills intuitively to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Adjusts style for various audiences to articulate complex finance issues clearly.
Identifies and implements solutions to resolve, improve, automate, standardize, or simplify finance processes.
Makes thoughtful time management decisions independently. Prioritizes work, resolves issues, meets deadlines, and seeks feedback from your manager. Discerns between urgent and non-urgent issues and acts accordingly to solve them.
· Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
· Demonstrated ability to build and manage financial models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
· An eye towards continuous process improvement, including the ability to innovate and simplify both finance and operational processes
· Experience in a business partnering role
· Advanced knowledge of Excel, VBA, SQL and other analytical tools
· Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics or a highly analytical field (e.g. Engineering, Math, and Computer Science).
· A minimum of 3 years of professional work experience in Finance combined with relevant training & education may also be considered.