The Path Forward Return to Work program at Amazon is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At Amazon, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who've been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
Amazon seeks a Financial Analyst to play a key role on our Operations Finance team. This role will partner with Fulfillment Centers, Delivery Operations and associated stakeholders to support financial and strategic initiatives. You will identify opportunities to improve operating performance across the business and partner with key stakeholders globally such as Final Mile Delivery, Middle Mile & Sortation, Central Operations, Topology, and various tech teams. You will leverage your education and work experience to lead initiatives to streamline planning/reporting, decide on investments, drive efficiency initiatives, and pursue customer experience to drive P&L benefits. The role requires an individual who is willing to work in an ambiguous environment and make a big impact. The successful candidate will have a passion for providing data-based decision making. You continuously look for areas of improvement, and implement automation in order to reduce your manual work load to focus on delivering insights into the business.
· 2+ years of experience in finance, accounting, consulting, or a related highly-analytic field
· 1+ years relevant experience in positions that require analysis and reporting financial results
· BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering and/or similar discipline with analytical bias
· Proven ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
· Strong PC modeling skills including intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
· Ability to translate large amounts of data into useful information and actionable priorities
· Ability to travel; 5%+ travel expected, primarily to local operations, in addition to regional support