We are Amazon’s Finance Operations organization and responsible for Amazon’s Retail Account Payables and Receivables. We are responsible for making on-time, accurate payments, billings and collections on behalf of North America Retail. We are seeking an Escalation Analyst that will work directly with vendors, vendor management, and our fulfillment operations to address outstanding payment and billing questions and issues. This position will dive deep into vendor payment data, drive process improvements, standardize processes, and eliminate root-cause defects within existing systems.
This role is based in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
· Systemically intake, escalate, and triage vendor payments (payables and billings) contacts and issues, and follow-through to resolution, including executive-level communication.
· Recognize escalation trends and identify underlying defects and root causes.
· Partner with Retail, Tech, Operations and other teams to resolve defects.
· Implement best practices to streamline the Procure-to-Pay and Order-to-Cash processes; document operating procedures for complex vendors and situations.
· Pull data from numerous databases and internal tools (using Excel, SQL, or other data management systems) to perform weekly reporting and analysis.
· Communicate directly with vendors to resolve invoice and billing discrepancies and ensure timely and accurate receivables.
· Research shipment and receiving issues to identify and resolve product shortages.
· Educate internal and external customers on self-service tools.
· Work across all US/Canada time zones as needed. Work with India business partners.
· Experience in the retail industry or working with Retail vendors
· Experience in Accounts Payable (procure to pay), Accounts Receivable (order to cash), and/or Customer Service environment
· Excellent organizational and time-management skills
· Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
· Demonstrated Excel skills (pivot tables, VLOOK UP, HLOOK UP, filters, basic functions, tables)
· Understanding of SQL and ETL tools with ability to work with large datasets
· Experience using Tableau or other BI tools
· Expertise in Six Sigma or other Lean defect reduction techniques
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· 2+ years of experience in the areas of finance, finance operations or related experience.
· Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Business.
· Ability to work directly with internal and external customers via written and verbal methods.
· Ability to prioritize and deliver on urgent priorities.