Amazon’s singular obsession over customer satisfaction begins internally. We are dynamic and creative, relying on innovation to not only design exciting new products, but also support internal processes that allow us to operate efficiently at scale. This requires diving deep into our complexities, identifying opportunities, and enabling our business partners to continuously develop on our customer’s behalf.
We strive to create a collaborative, team-driven environment that encourages individuals to learn, be curious, and have a bias for action. The North American Payroll team is seeking a bar-raising accounting professional who consistently exceed expectations, thrives in a challenging workplace, and can actively contribute to our talented team. In this role you will coordinate cross-functionally to launch new business initiatives and ensure accounting requirements are met by our North American Payroll Operations team.
This requires a deep understanding of our systems and processes, as well as accounting and financial principles. As one of Earth’s largest employers, we generate millions of payslips, each with a financial impact. As the Payroll FinOps Analyst within North American Payroll, you will own and deliver initiatives that transform our operations into a continuously scalable, customer-obsessed flywheel with best-in-class controls and risk guardrails.
This position will have responsibility for:
· Supporting various aspects of our payroll processes and their downstream financial impacts.
· Understanding accounting and financial principles and how to apply them in order to ensure the financial results of our Payroll Operation are accurately and completely reported.
· Understanding internal control design concepts sufficient to assess the effectiveness of controls in their area and to design new processes and controls for existing and emerging business activities.
· Execute judgments to keep projects moving and ensure the right decisions are reached by communicating and gathering clear Payroll Accounting requirements for new business initiatives
· Analysis of complex processes and systems data, aiding the closure of the books each month
· CPA (or equivalent)
· Accounting experience with Big Four (public) with Fortune 500 clients
· Operational accounting experience with one or more Fortune 500 companies for two or more years
· Experience working with a fast-paced, high-tech start-up or complex company
· Demonstrated history of solving multiple complex operational and accounting challenges
· Aptitude for team leadership—influencing and galvanizing others to follow you toward a solution
· Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
· Excellent analytical skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
· Degree in finance, accounting, or related field
· Five or more years of related work