Who we are:
This position partners with the Inbound Supply Chain (IBSC) Execution team on network planning and supply chain pilots and initiatives. The SFA for the IBSC finance team will be responsible for financial evaluation, insights and recommendations for decision processes, savings initiatives and new pilots. In order to achieve that, this role will work with internal business partners at all levels of the organization in support of placement strategy, technological investments or changes, external fulfillment options and more. The successful candidate will enjoy the challenges and rewards of working in a fast-growing organization and be able to handle ambiguity. This is a high visibility position with big scope of creativity and self-development. The ideal candidate will be creative and an analytical problem solver with the ability to fulfill the Amazon motto to “Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.”
With a rapidly expanding team & scope, we are looking for a Financial Analyst II who is a creative problem solvers to support our growth while gaining experience in a world class operations finance organization. This role will work closely with cross-functional business leaders across the Supply Chain org & internal Amazon businesses, allowing for future opportunities to rotate and/or expand scope. Be part of the journey in this exciting space and help make history!
As a Financial Analyst II, you will spend a small percentage of your time on key financial reports, and month end close responsibilities, and spend a large portion of your time in providing financial analysis for strategic projects, and savings initiatives, partnering with technical PM's, software developers and finance counterparts on a day to day basis. You'll work closely with finance & business leaders across the supply chain org to influence decision-making on new and existing initiatives. This role also designs, develops, and maintains performance measurements, models and reports on strategic input drivers to continuously improve the economics of the business.
Success in the role:
A successful candidate has demonstrated the following abilities: they influence business owners, support thoughtful decision-making, and adapt to a rapidly-evolving environment. They collaborate with executives and various business units across Amazon. You bring excellent verbal and written communication skills. A typical day in this role provides an opportunity to innovate by building creative solutions with large-scale data mining tools, identifying the high-priority work and projects that maximize results for key stakeholders, and solving complex problems that effect company-wide strategic decisions.
· Use solid financial knowledge and business acumen to build financial models, interpret data, draw conclusions, and make recommendations that deliver results, drive improvements, and influence leaders throughout Amazon.
· With Controllership as the top priority, you identify, resolve, or provide guidance to resolve complex data integrity issues. You improve controls to address financial risk and support frugality.
· Uses financial systems and advanced MS Excel functions to work with large data sets. Outputs plans, forecasts, budgets, and consolidations.
· Creates effective business partnerships, manages competing priorities, and provides guidance based on data analysis during unexpected events
· Uses active listening skills intuitively to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Adjusts style for various audiences to articulate complex finance issues clearly.
· Educate business partners on financial and non-financial trade-offs. Make thoughtful judgement calls in ambiguous environments where data may be scarce or difficult to procure.
· Collects and analyzes quantitative data to develop relevant reports that drive cost reductions.
· Use active listening skills intuitively to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Adjust style for various audiences to articulate complex finance issues clearly. Your communications drive critical business decisions.
· Have backbone, disagree and commit to foster constructive dialogues, harmonize conflicting views, resolve issues, and drive decisions.
· Participates in hiring, developing, and mentoring peers and team members. Seeks and leverages diverse perspectives in all activities.
· Identifies opportunities to resolve defects proactively. Improves, scales, or simplifies finance tools across teams and organizations.
· Contributes to work life harmony by being a positive, collaborative, and effective influencer to new team members as an indicator of operations excellence.
· Professional certifications (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate)
· Demonstrated ability to build and manage financial models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
· An eye towards continuous process improvement, including the ability to innovate and simplify finance and operational processes
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, Computer Science) or equivalent.
· Minimum 3+ years of finance experience, or master’s degree and one years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.