Amazon seeks a Financial Analyst to join the Financial Planning & Analysis group to support the DAC (Digital, Advertising and Corp Dev) Financial Planning and Analysis Team. Our team interacts daily with global finance leaders within WW Advertising, WW Digital Video, WW Digital Music, and Amazon Photos. This role will design new and enhance existing reports and models that make our data more actionable and will own reporting functions during the various planning and reporting phases in finance.
The successful candidate will have the ability to tackle multiple projects and efficiently execute deliverables. The right individual will have strong communication skills and solid business acumen capable of driving results and improving processes. The successful candidate must be able to think and act both strategically and tactically. Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve and prioritize.
Key Responsibilities include:
· Interact with Finance stakeholders at multiple levels to understand business drivers of monthly variance
· Develop and report accurate, actionable, and timely financial and business metrics for monthly, quarterly and annual reviews
· Monitor and enhance existing processes and controls
· Manage the financial planning / budgeting process
· Lead and influence different stakeholders
· Develop ad hoc business analysis and present recommendations to department leaders
· Ability to work on multiple projects with aggressive deadlines
· Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
· Proven ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment
· Highly analytical and detail oriented
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Familiarity with financial reporting software (Cognos/Oracle)
· Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
· Demonstrated ability to build and manage financial models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
· Experience working with software development team
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· 3+ years of finance, accounting or other related analytical experience
· Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business or related field