Who We Are:
Amazon Logistics (AMZL) is Amazon's "Last Mile" delivery service, responsible for delivering packages (and smiles) to households/businesses across the planet. Our finance team closely partners to support this rapidly expanding business while building a portfolio of delivery stations, vans, and technology to deliver customers' packages on time - often next day, sometimes faster. We augment our traditional "deliver by van" with other models including Amazon Flex (gig economy drivers), Amazon Lockers, and more - all designed to deliver smiles to our customers. You will make history as you help build one of the largest carriers on the planet.
As a Financial Analyst on the AMZL Engineering & Real Estate team, you will be foundational to the team's success, as primary owner of financial modeling, decision support, productivity metrics, and financial/operational reporting. This role will partner will multiple stakeholders within both finance and the business teams to provide insight, analysis and financial leadership as we rapidly expand our Delivery Station roadmap. This role will provide extensive cross-functional opportunities to partner with teams including Real Estate, Pre-Construction, Engineering Design, Topology, Automation, and ACES, to solve tough, unstructured problems as we grow and develop the AMZL network. A typical day in this role provides an opportunity to innovate by building scalable, robust, and dependable solutions through data-driven decision making.
Success in this role requires you to partner with and influence business owners, support thoughtful decision-making, and adapt to a rapidly-evolving environment. You will collaborate with all types of stakeholders, from other finance analysts, to program/project managers, to executives, across multiple business units within Amazon. You bring best-in-class business partnership while providing strong controllership. You are comfortable leading variance analysis deep dives, presenting to business owners during reviews, and can pivot between the defined financial rhythms and ad-hoc project analyses. You use judgment to prioritize high-priority work and projects that maximize results for key stakeholders, while helping to solve complex problems that affect company-wide decisions.
· Identifies basic control risks, evaluates impact, proposes changes, and implements improvements to remediate gaps
· Delivers weekly/monthly financial close. Uses financial systems and advanced MSExcel functions to work with large data sets. Outputs plans, forecasts, budgets, and consolidations.
· Works with a variety of data sources. Identifies incomplete or inaccurate data, identifies root causes of data issues, escalates discrepancies, fixes data where possible or partners to deliver a solution.
· Uses active listening skills intuitively to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Adjusts style for various audiences to articulate complex finance issues clearly.
· Identifies and implements solutions to resolve, improve, automate, standardize, or simplify finance processes.
· Makes thoughtful time management decisions independently. Prioritizes work, resolves issues, meets deadlines, and seeks feedback from your manager. Discerns between urgent and non-urgent issues and acts accordingly to solve them.
· Drives own self-development in the Finance Community: seeks opportunities to expand finance expertise. Participates in events, initiatives, and projects, then shares gained knowledge in and outside of your team.
· Contributes to work life harmony by being a positive, collaborative, and effective influencer to new team members as an indicator of operations excellence.
· Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos) and other financial systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
· MBA and/or Professional certifications (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate)
· Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
· Demonstrated ability to build and manage financial models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent.
· Minimum 3+ years of finance experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.