Where will Amazon’s growth come from next year? In five years? Which product lines are staged to quintuple in size, and which ones are mature?
These are some of the most important questions at Amazon today. North American Customer Fulfillment (NACF) will be the answer to many of those questions. Our Fulfillment Centers (FCs) utilize Amazon robotics, scanning machines, and computer systems that track millions of items in a day. As part of the team, you will utilize cutting edge data pipelines, build accurate predictive models, participate in new site launches, and deploy automated software solutions to provide forecasting insights to senior leadership (C suite) driving decisions effecting millions of customers globally.
Amazon seeks a Finance Analyst to join the Total Cost Ownership team supporting the NACF Network. The team is working to improve controllership throughout Amazon Operations by improving visibility to performance and establishing standard work for the network. We are seeking individuals with progressive finance skills coupled with sound business judgment and effective communication to all levels of the organization.
This role will partner closely with a broad range of Finance and business leaders in Operations, HR, Technology, and Retail; as well as with research scientists, technical product managers and software developers. This role will design, develop, and maintain performance measurements and reporting on strategic input drivers to continuously improve the economics of the business.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated an ability to influence business owners, support thoughtful decision-making, and adapt to a rapidly evolving environment. This role requires an individual who is willing to work in an ambiguous environment and make a big impact across the NACF network. It is also a highly visible position as it involves working closely with senior leadership. Regular collaboration with various business units across Amazon will allow you the opportunity to exhibit your verbal and written communication skills. A typical day in this role, provides an opportunity to improve and create new measures for site productivity, innovate creative solutions utilizing large scale data mining tools, identifying high priority work/projects to maximize results for key stakeholders, and solve complex problems effecting companywide strategic decision-making.
· Develop insightful end-to-end Total Cost Ownership reporting
· Responsible for supporting Operations partners in the Total Cost Ownership space
· Financial modeling, data mining, and presentation support (via Excel, Power BI, etc)
· Create documentation and training for Total Cost controllership for Amazon Operations and Operations Finance
· Works with a variety of data sources. Identifies incomplete or inaccurate data, identifies root causes of data issues, escalates discrepancies, fixes data where possible or partners to deliver a solution.
· Uses active listening skills intuitively to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Adjusts style for various audiences to articulate complex finance issues clearly.
· Identifies and implements solutions to resolve, improve, automate, standardize, or simplify finance processes.
· Makes thoughtful time management decisions independently. Prioritizes work, resolves issues, meets deadlines, and seeks feedback from your manager. Discerns between urgent and non-urgent issues and acts accordingly to solve them.
· Drives own self-development in the Finance Community: seeks opportunities to expand finance expertise. Participates in events, initiatives, and projects, then shares gained knowledge in and outside of your team.
· Contributes to work life harmony by being a positive, collaborative, and effective influencer to new team members as an indicator of operations excellence.
· Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, MSAccess, Essbase, PowerBI, Quicksight and/or Cognos) and other financial systems (i.e. Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
· MBA and/or Professional certification (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering and/or similar discipline with analytical bias
· 3+ years experience in positions that require analysis and reporting financial results