The Amazon Studios finance team is seeking a Financial Analyst to partner with the Music Licensing Team supporting Prime Video and Amazon Studios. The Financial Analyst will provide strategic guidance, financial analysis and deal support for evaluating licenses with performing rights collection societies ('Performing Rights Organizations' or 'PROs') worldwide. PROs represent the rights and interests of copyright owners, including but not limited to composers, songwriters, performers. Performing rights royalties are payable whenever a song, incorporated in video content, is made available to the public via the Prime Video’s SVOD, TVOD, Channels and AVOD services. The Digital Video organization represents some of Amazon’s most innovative businesses and the candidate in this role will be tasked with the challenge of building new finance processes and analytics to support strategic decision making as the Video Business continues to grow in complexity and size.
If you’re passionate about building tools that enhance productivity, improve financial accuracy and deep diving into ambiguous situations, come join us! The role includes partnership with Amazon Studios head of music licensing, reporting, legal and Prime Video finance/accounting on deal negotiations and deal structure to determine financial impact to Amazon. The role also has regular interaction with various business leaders and therefore requires strong interpersonal and communication skills, solid organizational skills, ability to assess and some experience with information technology.
Primary responsibilities include:
· Serve as the Video PRO Finance primary point-of-contact for internal stakeholders.
· Work closely with business partners to influence new licensing strategies and provide deal and negotiation support.
· Maintain financial excel models supporting +70 deals across SVOD, TVOD, Channels and AVOD for +30 individual collection societies.
· Participate in creation of Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR), long-term strategy documents, deal approval documents and external audits.
· Lead quarterly invoice reporting for formulaic deals and generate financial insights on the overall risk and performance of our long term deal forecasts.
· Provide analytical support for various initiatives and ad hoc requests.
· Present financial summaries and business insights to senior management.
· Identify and/or lead projects to improve processes and reporting.
· Applying knowledge of multiple reporting systems to deliver solutions. This requires advanced computer literacy (MS Office, especially Excel) and the aptitude to understand system dependencies. Knowledge of Oracle, Hyperion Essbase, Cognos, database structures and SQL are an advantage.
· Previous Entertainment, Media, Music industry experience preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and self-motivated in a fast paced and rapidly-changing environment
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities and drive projects to completion
· Demonstrated ability to influence decisions through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives
· Ability to think at both the strategic and implementation level – to think big while also diving deep
· Bachelor's degree in Finance, Information Systems, Computer Science, Business, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics or a related discipline.
· 3+ years of experience in finance, accounting, analytics solutions, model building, data security, or reporting and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.