As part of the Amazon Healthcare Global Finance Operations Services team, you will find yourself working with exceptionally talented and determined people committed to driving financial improvement, scalability, and process excellence. To support the growth of Amazon health, prescription drug and businesses beyond this candidate must possess a strong passion for accountability, setting high standards, raising the bar, and driving results through constant focus on improving existing and future state operations, systems, and processes. The ideal candidate will not only be well versed in reviewing provider and pharma contract terminology but also be able to provide decision support for new and changing contract reimbursement rates. They will be able to learn quickly and be willing to experiment with new ideas.
· Analyzes workflow and operational procedures to identify opportunities for improved reimbursement, develops and implements policies and procedures with leadership to ensure all services are captured, recorded, processed and billed in an accurate and timely manner.
· Ensures payment is received, credited and recorded at contracted rates. Identifies and researches discrepancies through data analytics and root cause analysis to stay current with the changing reimbursement rates.
· Supports strategies for maximizing contract reimbursement and value. Identifies and interprets trends and patterns within contracting to locate influences.
· Analyzes billing and accounts receivable reports. Identifies trends, categories of aged receivables and provides feedback to stakeholders to improve results. Works with business partners to identify trends and implement strategies that ultimately save cost and improve revenue lift.
· Ensure compliance with corporate policies regarding payment and contractual allowance verification with all payers by managing all payer contracts and calculations of expected reimbursement.
This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
· MBA or MHA degree
· Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with third-party payer guidelines, reimbursement, follow-up, and collections.
· Ability to analyze processes and information, identify problems and trends, and develop effective solutions and strategies.
· Possesses an exceptional eye for detail and process improvement.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, email, and voicemail.
· Excellent communication, interpersonal, leadership, coaching, and conflict resolution skills.
· Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills at the executive level
· Strong critical thinking skills with ability to challenge normal operations.
· Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results.
· Ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks and exhibit problem-solving skills are essential.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, accounting, or healthcare administration.
· 3+ years of previous experience in a healthcare organization with a focus on contracting and financial analysis required
· 3+ years experience with validating and loading contracts
· Knowledge of provider contracting, financial arrangements, and fee schedules, including understanding of healthcare reimbursement methodologies and guidelines preferred
· Trained in HIPAA guidelines.