The US Hardlines organization seeks a Financial Analyst to support our Consumer Electronics businesses. This finance role is a highly visible opportunity that requires strong leadership and the proven ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders. The person in this role will own all aspects of developing and reviewing metrics with business leadership to help unlock key financial and business insights.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with effective business partnership experience and proven abilities to manage complex projects and dive deep into the details. This person will partner with leaders across several teams including operations, retail category leaders, third party merchant managers, merchandising and marketing teams to provide strategic guidance, tactical direction, and decision support.
· Perform financial reporting, ad-hoc project analyses, and financial modeling using a broad range of tools including Excel
· Drive the core financial processes for the category including Annual Operating Plan, long range Strategic Plan and Monthly/Quarterly Business Reviews
· Complete complex business modeling and analysis to drive revenue growth, identify operating improvements, deep dive on cost structures and analyze business opportunities/investments
· Influence business decisions with effective verbal and written communication, data driven analysis and modeling, and presentation of options and alternatives
· Facilitate financial review meetings with business groups and work with business managers to ensure effective finance and cost management
· Perform root cause analysis and uncover core issues using data to improve and create new measures for financial performance
· Recommend, develop, and implement policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its profitability
· Demonstrated financial acumen and/or experience in the areas of forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis, and data interpretation
· Advanced knowledge of Excel
· Measured experience demonstrating problem solving and root cause analysis
· Detail oriented with proven strong business sense
· Ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workloads and achieve effective results in a fast-paced and, dynamic environment
· Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools and providing recommendations based on results of ad hoc analyses to management for strategic decision-making
· Experience building models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
· Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
With a commitment to innovation and diversity, the possibilities are endless at Amazon: https://www.aboutamazon.com/working-at-amazon/diversity-and-inclusion/diversity-and-inclusion-at-amazon
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
3+ years’ of experience in finance or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.