Do you want to be part of an organization that is designing and launching new business models across the world? Do you enjoy breaking down and solving complex problems for a quickly expanding customer base, focusing first on customers and working backwards? If so, the Global Specialty Fulfillment (GSF) Operations Finance team is looking for an experienced leader with a record of achieving results.
The GSF team covers a portfolio of businesses with unique fulfillment and operational capabilities such as Amazon Fresh, Whole Foods Market Online, Amazon Heavy/Bulky, Amazon Business, Same Day Operations, and Locker+. Amazon's Sub-Same Day (SSD) delivery program is designed to get customers their stuff as quickly as possible – currently in as quickly as five hours.
The SSD Finance team seeks a Financial Analyst to own key forecasting and reconciliation processes, to develop and implement a long range business plan, develop key processes around the organization's goals, and to lead financial analyses of major business events.
This role partners closely with a broad range of finance and business leaders within the SSD operations team, the GSF FP&A team, the Delivery Excellence Team, and the North America Fulfillment Center Team. This role designs, develops, and maintains performance measurements and reports on strategic input drivers to continuously improve the economics of the business.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following: They influence business owners, support thoughtful decision-making, and adapt to a rapidly-evolving environment. They collaborate with executives and various business units across Amazon. They bring excellent verbal and written communication skills. They prioritize the most impactful projects and programs that will drive GSF businesses forward. A typical day in this role provides an opportunity to innovate by building creative solutions with large-scale data mining tools, identifying the high-priority work and projects that maximize results for key stakeholders, and solving complex problems that effect company-wide strategic decisions.
· Identifies basic control risks, evaluates impact, proposes changes, and implements improvements to remediate gaps
· Delivers Monthly/Quarterly/Annual financial close.
· Uses financial systems and advanced MS Excel functions to work with large data sets.
· Works with a variety of data sources. Identifies incomplete or inaccurate data, identifies root causes of data issues, escalates discrepancies, fixes data where possible or partners to deliver a solution.
· Uses active listening skills intuitively to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Adjusts style for various audiences to articulate complex finance issues clearly.
· Identifies and implements solutions to resolve, improve, automate, standardize, or simplify finance processes.
· Makes thoughtful time management decisions independently. Prioritizes work, resolves issues, meets deadlines, and seeks feedback from your manager. Discerns between urgent and non-urgent issues and acts accordingly to solve them.
· Drives own self-development in the Finance Community: seeks opportunities to expand finance expertise. Participates in events, initiatives, and projects, then shares gained knowledge in and outside of your team.
· Contributes to work life harmony by being a positive, collaborative, and effective influencer to new team members as an indicator of operations excellence.
· Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos) and other financial systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
· MBA and/or Professional certifications (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent.
· Minimum 3+ years of finance experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.