How does Amazon continue to grow it's capacity to deliver for customers in new ways? What new types of operations will Amazon add to it's portfolio as they innovate order fulfilment and delivery standards across North America and emerging markets?
Who we are: The CAPEX team in the Global Engineering Services (GES) organization is dedicated to answering the questions above, which drive the Amazon flywheel. As part of the team, you will provide primary support to the GES leadership team to validate CAPEX methodologies, support category managers and strategy, and deliver analysis to identify opportunities and benefits impacting CAPEX execution across Construction, Procurement, and Engineering processes.
Career Opportunities: GES Finance seeks a Financial Analyst to provide primary support to visibility of CAPEX to Senior Leadership. Experience in this team opens up several career opportunities across Amazon. Persons in this role have advancement opportunities to support different businesses, to lead programs, or to manage local, regional, or global teams.
Team Exposure: This role collaborates closely with a broad range of global finance and business leaders in Procurement, Engineering, Construction, and Operations teams. The role also partners with stakeholders across technical project & software development teams, capital planning, and FP&A. This role involves collecting, analyzing and managing quantitative data and creating meaningful reports to track CAPEX spending related to business improvement and cost reductions across the global supply chain.
This role also maintains spend and savings measurements, and partners with category management on strategic input drivers to continuously improve the scalability and efficiency of CAPEX execution.
Success in this role: The successful candidate has demonstrated the following abilities: they influence business owners, support thoughtful decision-making, and adapt to a rapidly-evolving environment. They collaborate with executives and various business units across Amazon. You bring excellent verbal and written communication skills. A typical day in this role provides an opportunity to innovate by building creative solutions with large-scale data mining tools, identifying the high-priority work and projects that maximize results for key stakeholders, and solving complex problems that effect company-wide strategic decisions.
· Identifies basic control risks, evaluates impact, proposes changes, and implements improvements to remediate gaps
· Delivers weekly/monthly financial close.
· Uses financial systems and advanced MSExcel functions to work with large data sets. Outputs plans, forecasts, budgets, and consolidations.
· Works with a variety of data sources. Identifies incomplete or inaccurate data, identifies root causes of data issues, escalates discrepancies, fixes data where possible or partners to deliver a solution.
· Uses active listening skills intuitively to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Adjusts style for various audiences to articulate complex finance issues clearly.
· Identifies and implements solutions to resolve, improve, automate, standardize, or simplify finance processes.
· Makes thoughtful time management decisions independently. Prioritizes work, resolves issues, meets deadlines, and seeks feedback from your manager. Discerns between urgent and non-urgent issues and acts accordingly to solve them.
· Drives own self-development in the Finance Community: seeks opportunities to expand finance expertise. Participates in events, initiatives, and projects, then shares gained knowledge in and outside of your team.
· Contributes to work life harmony by being a positive, collaborative, and effective influencer to new team members as an indicator of operations excellence.
Preferred Qualifications Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos) and other financial systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards) MBA and/or Professional certifications (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Basic Qualifications BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent. Minimum 3+ years of finance experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.