Who we are:
Global Customer Fulfillment (GCF) Central Functions Finance provides optimized, effective, and timely analysis to drive the Fulfillment Center dual charter of lower cost and faster delivery. Our finance team provides analytical support varying between macro level strategic issues with our Steam business partner, to micro level crisp financial analyses that indicate go/no-go recommendations on specific capacity and savings projects. Our partner teams include GCF supply chain and capacity, Amazon Customer Excellence Systems (ACES), Fulfillment by Amazon, and our FP&A team supports the entire GCF organization and our spending that is impactful to Amazon’s bottom line.
Amazon is seeking a highly motivated Financial Analyst to join the Global Customer Fulfillment (GCF) Capital Finance team. This role will be responsible for driving financial reporting controllership of capital expenditure in the fulfillment center organization. The role will work closely with various CapEx stakeholders such as Fixed Asset and Lease Accounting, Capital Planning, Real Estate, Start Up, Engineering, and Construction management teams. The position requires deep dive to develop a solid understanding of fixed asset/lease accounting, real estate construction, and capital planning processes. The right candidate must know how to deep dive, have a high sense of ownership and must insist on the highest standard.
· Identifies basic control risks, evaluates impact, proposes changes, and implements improvements to remediate gaps
· Delivers weekly/monthly financial close. Uses financial systems and advanced MSExcel functions to work with large data sets. Outputs plans, forecasts, budgets, and consolidations.
· Works with a variety of data sources. Identifies incomplete or inaccurate data, identifies root causes of data issues, escalates discrepancies, fixes data where possible or partners to deliver a solution.
· Uses active listening skills intuitively to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Adjusts style for various audiences to articulate complex finance issues clearly.
· Identifies and implements solutions to resolve, improve, automate, standardize, or simplify finance processes.
· Makes thoughtful time management decisions independently. Prioritizes work, resolves issues, meets deadlines, and seeks feedback from your manager. Discerns between urgent and non-urgent issues and acts accordingly to solve them.
· Drives own self-development in the Finance Community: seeks opportunities to expand finance expertise. Participates in events, initiatives, and projects, then shares gained knowledge in and outside of your team.
· Contributes to work life harmony by being a positive, collaborative, and effective influencer to new team members as an indicator of operations excellence.
· Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, Cognos) and other financial systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, etc.)
· MBA and/or Professional certifications (CPA/CFA/Qualified Accounting certificate)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent.
· Minimum 3+ years of finance experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.