How often have you had an opportunity to be an early member of a team that is tasked with disrupting a trillion dollar industry?
Who we are:
The Physical Stores FP&A organization is dedicated to working closely with the leadership team to formulate the medium to long term financial and strategic plans for grocery, omni-channel and new physical store formats across Amazon. We seek to increase efficiency and profitability by analyzing financial and operational results to better understand business performance and communicate results to senior management.
As we continue to grow, we are looking for individuals that enjoy a challenge and have a desire for professional growth opportunities and continuous learning. Experience in this team opens up several career opportunities across Amazon and within the broader Physical Stores Finance organization. Individuals in this role have advancement opportunities to support different businesses and multifunctional teams, to lead new programs and initiatives, and to manage larger teams within the company.
This role partners regularly with a broad range of finance and business leaders across the Physical Stores, Grocery and WW Operations organization, often at some of the most senior levels within the company.
Success in this role:
Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats, and work in a highly collaborative environment that’s more start-up than big company. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are critical in this role. The successful candidate has demonstrated the following abilities: they are a self-starter, they collaborate and influence business partners, support thoughtful decision-making in a rapidly-evolving and ambiguous environment and think long-term.
· Identifies basic control risks, evaluates impact, proposes changes, and implements improvements to remediate gaps.
· Delivers weekly/monthly financial close. Uses financial systems and advanced MSExcel functions to work with large data sets. Outputs plans, forecasts, budgets, and consolidations.
· Works with a variety of data sources. Identifies incomplete or inaccurate data, identifies root causes of data issues, escalates discrepancies, fixes data where possible or partners to deliver a solution.
· Uses active listening skills intuitively to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Adjusts style for various audiences to articulate complex finance issues clearly.
· Identifies and implements solutions to resolve, improve, automate, standardize, or simplify finance processes.
· Makes thoughtful time management decisions independently. Prioritizes work, resolves issues, meets deadlines, and seeks feedback from your manager. Discerns between urgent and non-urgent issues and acts accordingly to solve them.
· Drives own self-development in the Finance Community: seeks opportunities to expand finance expertise. Participates in events, initiatives, and projects, then shares gained knowledge in and outside of your team.
· Contributes to work life harmony by being a positive, collaborative, and effective influencer to new team members as an indicator of operations excellence.
· Schedule may require occasional work on weekends or holidays.
· May need to work virtually until corporate guidance changes.
· Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, Tableau, Essbase, Cognos) and other financial systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards).
· MBA and/or Professional certifications (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate).
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering and/or similar discipline with analytical bias.
· 3+ years experience in positions that require analysis and reporting financial results.