Amazon.com is seeking a Financial Analyst to be a key business partner with Amazon's Digital Video Insights, Planning and Analytics team. Primary responsibilities will include, partnering with finance partners globally to streamline effective communication, forecasting, and variance commentary across the business. Drive financial analysis, prepare reports for senior management, develop performance tracking metrics, drive planning and budgeting discipline and deliverables, and ensure financial discipline and compliance. This is a highly visible role within Digital Video and a great opportunity for candidates looking for a challenge and a place to shine.
The right individual will have exceptional financial modeling skills, strong communication skills, and solid business acumen. He or she will have operated successfully in a fast-paced, global, results-oriented environment, and possess effective verbal and written communication, and logical reasoning. The successful candidate must be able to think and act both strategically and tactically and manage multiple competing priorities effectively. Ideal candidates will have a proven track record of superior financial and strategic analysis and developing/delivering recommendations based on this analysis. This person must thrive in a fast-paced environment.
· BA/BS Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or similar discipline with analytical bias
· MBA or advanced business degree preferred
· Familiarity with financial reporting software (Cognos/Oracle)
· Advanced excel and analysis skills
· Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
· Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· 3+ years’ of experience in finance or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.