Amazon seeks a highly effective Financial Analyst to be a key member of the Devices Financial Planning and Analysis team supporting products such as Kindle, FireTV, and Echo/Alexa. You will partner with teams who are building cutting edge technology and products that delight customers. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of Amazon's most innovative, creative, and fastest growing businesses.
The successful candidate will have shown experience in past roles influencing business owners and supporting decision making in rapidly evolving environments. This role requires a self-starter who is comfortable working in an ambiguous environment with strong data gathering and modeling skills. The role also has regular interaction with various business units across Amazon and therefore requires strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Primary responsibilities include:
· Leading the analysis of one of the largest cost elements on the profit and loss statement for the Devices and Services organization
· Working with the Corporate FP&A team to align on analysis and key drivers of cost, and how the impact the P&L
· Implementation of reporting improvements based on input from product line teams
· Provide analytical support and lead initiatives for cost and profit improvement
· Present financial summaries and business insights to senior management
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and self-motivate in a fast paced and rapidly-changing environment
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities and drive projects to completion
· Demonstrated ability to influence decisions through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning and the presentation of alternatives
· Advanced Excel skills
· Advanced use of SQL (data mining and business intelligence)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· 3+ years’ of experience in finance or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.