Finance is all about the numbers unless you work at Amazon; it’s knowing the numbers and so much more. Enthusiasm and energy help us deliver new ideas, and solutions. Do you view problems as treasures, and are you willing to dive deep to develop those solutions and deliver results? Will you seek to challenge the status quo, and ensure that our processes comply with internal policies and external requirements.
Consumer Finance Insights, Planning, Analysis and Technology (IPAT) is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to support Worldwide Consumer controllership. Our top priority is controllership. We are looking for a leader that will drive change across the organization, stay ahead of operational risks, and strengthen our control environment.
You will be eager to dive deep into processes, eliminate inefficiencies, problem solve and protect the integrity of our financial results.
Job Responsibilities include:
· Coordinate all aspects of building lists for quarterly investor relations reporting and as part of planning cycle input.
· Track worldwide consumer finance audit action items, partner with business teams to mitigate identified risks and close audit action items
· Track purchase defects, partner with business teams to deep dive defects and proffer solutions to close identified gaps
· Partner with data science team to identify control weaknesses and develop tools that will drive waste elimination across WW Consumer
· Drive continuous improvement and communication with business partners
· Communicate Project status to stakeholders and drive project deliverables to completion
· Drive consumer leadership team controllership goals across the organization
· Professional certification (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate) + relevant experience
· Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, Tableau, Cognos, BI), providing solutions based on results of ad hoc analyses to senior management for strategic decision-making
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, Computer Science) or equivalent.
· Minimum 3+ years of finance experience, or master’s degree and two years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.