*Business level of Japanese and English skills (reading, writing, speaking) are required for this position
Amazon Japan is looking for a flexible, dynamic, self-starter to join us as Financial Analyst, Capital Finance in our headquarters in Tokyo. This leader will provide or influence business decisions for investments of operational buildings by simulating business cases and will be responsible for planning and actual tracking.
The successful candidate will have the ability to deal with several projects at a time and efficiently execute results with business partners. The right individual will have strong leadership skills and solid business acumen capable of driving results and improving processes. He or she will operate successfully in a fast and growing environment and adopt changes quickly. The successful candidate must be able to think and act both strategically and tactically. Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as ability to prioritize tasks, have good analytical skills, and communicate well with business partners.
Key Responsibilities include:
· Financial evaluation or review of projects, including simulation of DCF for business case (project phase) and spending review to ensure alignment with the project (implementation phase)
· Planning on a quarterly, yearly, and long-term basis, ensuring capex and opex accurately reflected
· Evaluation and analyze deviation of actual data, comparing to planning
· Active involvement of process improvements efficiently and effectively including participating in the implementation of new operational tools
· Continuously seeking out opportunities for improvements and cost reduction for investments, and partnering with operations leadership to implement the opportunities
Please check the website below for measures to eliminate unwanted second-hand smoking in each facility:
https://www.amazon.jobs/en/landing_pages/passivesmoking (Japanese only)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/disability/jp
• Professional certification (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate) + relevant experience
• Business Partnering experience with demonstrated leadership skills and proven ability to take on and create new assignments
• Advanced problem solving and root cause analysis combined with proven ability to communicate those analysis
• Highly analytical, detail oriented and strong business sense; proven ability to manage new ideas and creative solutions
• Manage and prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, growing and ambiguous environment
• Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (e.g. SQL, Tableau, PowerBI) and other financial systems (e.g. Oracle, SAP)
• Previous experience in DCF simulation is plus
• Excited about working in a diverse group and contributing to an inclusive culture.
Detailed condition of the salary will be notified individually prior to the 1st interview.
· BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or similar discipline with analytical bias
· 1+ years relevant experience in positions that require analysis and reporting financial results
· Demonstrated financial acumen and analytical experience delivering forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, and data interpretation of business impact and results
· 1+ years of experience with advanced proficiency in Excel (index, lookups, sumifs, pivots, standard deviation, R2)
· 1+ years of proven experience with concepts of Generally Accepted Accounting Principle
· Business level of Japanese and English skills (reading, writing, speaking)