Amazon seeks a Financial Analyst to join Books finance supporting Goodreads and Amazon Publishing. The successful candidate will be thoughtful, analytical, and have a demonstrated ability to effectively influence the decisions of senior business leaders through clear verbal and written communication, financial analysis, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives. The role operates in a fast-paced, global, results-oriented environment, and will provide decision support and advice for key business leaders.
Key responsibilities include:
· Controllership of the business
· Lead and participate as the key finance stakeholder in cross functional teams
· Implement and drive the core financial processes and reporting for the business including Annual Operating Plans, Long Term Plans, and Monthly/Quarterly Business Reviews
· Identify operating improvements, deep dive on cost structures, and analyze business opportunities/investments.
· Leading ad hoc financial analyses and root cause investigations
· Excellent analytical skills, a passion for metrics and figures, and the ability to get into the details while also seeing and understanding the big picture
· Experience working in a fast paced environment similar to a high tech start-up
· Knowledge of the Book Publishing industry
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, Computer Science)
· 3+ years of non-internship finance experience