Do you want to directly influence the future of some of the most successful products in cloud computing? If you want to be part of history, this is your opportunity. Amazon Web Services is a high-growth, fast-moving group within Amazon with a start-up mentality where new and diverse challenges arise every day, but operates with the full backing of one of the world’s most successful web companies. On the AWS Finance team you will be surrounded by people that are exceptionally talented, bright, and driven, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success. We take working hard, having fun, and making history seriously and you should too!
We seek a Financial Analyst to support the fast growing services in Migration, Marketplaces, and Control Services (MMCS). MMCS is a portfolio of services that helps customers migrate to AWS, purchase software and data they can use on AWS, and govern the AWS Services they use. This position will work closely with key business partners across AWS to drive thoughtful planning, analysis, decision support, and scale for future growth.
Key Responsibilities include:
· Lead weekly business review process and present financial reports to leadership
· Develop and maintain dashboards that provide visibility to key business and financial inputs
· Drive the financial planning / budgeting process
· Provide analytical support on ad hoc projects
· Manage special projects with aim to continuously improve and streamline internal processes and financial reporting
This role requires a self-starter with a strong problem solving skills, a keen attention to detail, ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ambiguous situations, and solid skills in project management. This role has regular interaction with various business units across Amazon and requires strong people skills.
· Advanced knowledge of Excel, SQL, and other analytical tools
· Capable of investigating, familiarizing and mastering new data sets quickly for data extraction
· Ability to display complex quantitative data in a simple, intuitive format and to present findings in a clear and concise manner
· Highly analytical and detail oriented, with demonstrated ability in problem solving and root cause analysis
· Ability to work independently and self-motivate to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workload across multiple projects, and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, ever-growing, and often ambiguous environment
· Excellent communication and persuasion skills
· Experience with Essbase, Cognos, Oracle Financials or similar tools
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· BA/BS degree in finance, accounting, business or a related field with 3+ years of relevant experience