Are you looking for that next big Finance opportunity? Want to directly influence the future of some of the most successful products in cloud computing? Come join Amazon Web Services Finance!
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of enterprise, government and start-up business and organizations in over 190 countries around the world. Launched in 2006, Amazon Web Services officially began offering developer customers access to web services – now widely known as cloud computing – based on Amazon’s own back-end technology platform. On the AWS Finance team you will be surrounded by people that are exceptionally talented, bright, and driven, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success.
AWS Finance seeks a Financial Analyst to support AWS Productivity Applications, which are some of our newest and coolest services enabling corporate knowledge workers. This position will work closely with senior finance management and key business partners to drive product/service pricing, cost and capital expenditure optimization, financial planning, decision support, and controllership.
· Partner with business leadership, software engineers and product managers to manage the financial needs of the business.
· Drive the financial planning / budgeting process.
· Support modeling efforts for pricing decisions and infrastructure investment decisions.
· Develop business insights and KPI dashboards.
· Compile and review financial results and operational plans and communicate results to company leaders.
· Lead key analytical projects that assist and influence the business.
· Strong Excel skills
· Experience in TM1, Data Warehouse and SQL a plus
· Corporate finance experience including budgeting/planning, forecasting and reporting
· Ability to work well with cross functional teams and present ideas to a group of senior level managers
· Advanced analytical and business sense and a keen attention to detail
· Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects in a fast paced environment
· Capable of investigating, familiarizing and mastering new data sets quickly.
· A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectation
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent and a minimum 3 years of experience in finance or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.